Belle Grove Plantation, the birthplace of President James Madison, located in King George County Virginia, is now the home of Belle Grove Plantation Bed & Breakfast. Our Southern Plantation was established in 1670 on the banks of the Rappahannock River. Belle Grove’s stately, historic mansion has four Master Suites with private baths and views of the river and plantation. Each room is named after families that owned Belle Grove Plantation through its history, and each is decorated in period antiques to reflect the period that family lived at Belle Grove. Gourmet Breakfasts await you in our formal dining room or on the riverside balcony.
Built in 1791, this Mansion offers the charm of Southern days gone by. Here you will find the elegant Southern wedding of your dreams or a peaceful retreat for corporate and social gatherings. With historic and local attractions within easy drives and award winning vineyards just around the corner, Belle Grove Plantation makes a great place to come home to after a day of adventure.
Just 90 minutes from Washington DC or Baltimore, 50 minutes from Richmond and less than a half hour from Fredericksburg, Belle Grove Plantation is a hidden jewel of the Northern Neck.
We invite you to come, sit back, relax and allow us to show you what true Southern Hospitality is really like.
Love is in the air and Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. But why celebrate just one day? Come enjoy a month of love and romance with our Chocolate Dipped Dreams Overnight Experience. Belle Grove Plantation is considered one of the most romantic locations for love and we invite you to indulge your sense with this exclusive February Experience!
• Early Arrival at 1pm for a Chocolate Afternoon Tea for Two. This sweet and decadent tea offers a Chocolate Lovers Delight of scones, sandwiches, and petite dessert with a chocolate twist. Enjoy a cup of our newest tea blend “Belle Grove is for Lovers” Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Tea Blend.
• Tour the Historic Mansion and learn of the past families and their love matches>/p>
• Special Gifts of Chocolate Dipped Strawberries and other Chocolate Delights
• Flower Arrangement to take home
• Two Souvenir Belle Grove Plantation Wine Glasses
• A four-course intimate dinner for two in a private downstairs space
• Breakfast at 9am served in your room
• Thirty Minute Couples Reiki Session in your room. Reiki is an energy healing technique that promotes relaxation, reduces stress and anxiety through gentle touch. (available on Saturday and Sundays only)
• Thirty Minute Couples Psychic Reading with Medium Kim Sage of Sacred Sage Life (when available)
• Three Hour Paranormal Investigations at 8pm with our resident paranormal team
$340.00 (plus the cost of your room)
Couples Reiki Session – $120.00
Couples Psychic Reading – $120.00
Paranormal Investigation – $100.00
When you book your room, look under the Extra tab Chocolate Dipped Dreams Extras to add to your experience.
Belle Grove Plantation Mansion and Grounds Tours will be closed in for the following dates due to Private Events or Holidays.
Saturday, February 19th – Special Event
Saturday, February 26th – Special Event
Saturday, March 12th – Special Event
Saturday, March 19th to Sunday, March 20th – Special Event
Saturday, March 26th – Special Event
Saturday, April 9th – Special Event
Sunday, April 17th – Easter
Saturday, May 7th – Special Event
Sunday, May 8th – Special Event
Saturday, May 21st – Special Event
Friday, May 27th to Sunday, May 29th – Special Event
Saturday, June 4th – Special Event
Saturday, June 11th – Special Event
Belle Grove Plantation will reopen on the next normal tour date.
Belle Grove Plantation Ghost Hunting Tours and Paranormal Packages are NOT AVAILABLE for the following dates.
Saturday, January 22nd to Sunday, January 23rd
Saturday, February 5th (Paranormal Lockdown)
Friday, March 4th to Sunday, March 6th
Friday, April 1st to Sunday, April 3rd
Friday, April 22nd to Sunday, April 24th
Friday, May 20th to Monday, May 23rd
Friday, June 17th to Sunday, June 19th
Friday, June 24th to Saturday, June 25th
Friday, July 15th to Sunday, July 17th
Friday, July 22nd to Sunday, July 24th
Thursday, August 4th to Wednesday, August 10th
Friday, September 2nd to Sunday, September 4th